- General. All Cisco photographs, white papers, product documentation, and other copyrighted materials (collectively "Copyrighted Materials") will be used only as explicitly licensed or permitted by Cisco, and only under the terms and conditions and for the purposes described in such license or permission. The party to which licenses are granted is referred to as the "Licensee" in all written and online license agreements. To the extent any specific license to Copyrighted Materials between Cisco and Licensee conflicts with the general terms below, the specific terms of such license govern all use of the Copyrighted Materials by the Licensee. Cisco reserves the right to update these guidelines at any time.
- Approval Process. All specific uses of any Copyrighted Materials must be approved in advance by Cisco, unless stated otherwise in Cisco's Copyright Program website. Requests submitted via Cisco's Request Tool will typically be reviewed within five (5) business days, if an appropriate Cisco sponsor is identified at the time of submission; but Cisco is under no obligation to respond. Approved requests may require execution of a separate license agreement with additional terms and conditions. You may not use Copyrighted Materials unless and until Cisco has granted its specific approval (by execution of a license agreement or delivery of other permission) and any and all conditions of such approval have been fulfilled by the Licensee.
- Copyright Notices. All Copyrighted Materials provided hereunder will carry the following notice:
"These materials have been reproduced by <Licensee name> with the permission of Cisco Systems Inc. COPYRIGHT © <year of first publication> CISCO SYSTEMS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."
- Restrictions upon Use. The Copyrighted Materials will not be presented or used: a) in a manner that suggests that editorial content has been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of, Cisco or any Cisco personnel or affiliate; b) in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing or otherwise objectionable; c) in connection with any material that infringes the trademark, copyright or any other rights of any third party; or d) in a manner that infringes, derogates, dilutes, or impairs the rights of Cisco in the Copyrighted Materials. Cisco shall have complete discretion to evaluate Licensee's use and to decide whether that use violates any of the foregoing restrictions.
- Revocation Right. Cisco retains the right to revoke any licenses or permissions to use Copyrighted Materials at any time, in its sole discretion. Any such revocation by Cisco is expressly subject to the Consequential Damages Waiver below.
- No Warranty. ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY CISCO “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS. CISCO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
- Consequential Damages Waiver. IN NO EVENT WILL CISCO BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COPYRIGHTED MATTER, EVEN IF CISCO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
[back to top]